Depression Life is a silent killer which distracts your mind from your life goals. It is rightly said that a healthy brain lives in a healthy body.
So, to keep yourself fit and healthy, do some workouts and live your life to the fullest. Now you must be surprised after reading the above lines because it is not related to depression. but it is true and I have a lot of experience with so many depressed people.
When you are in depression, you eat more than your actual diet and you became fat and fatness you lazy, and laziness stops you to do physical exercises. So, it’s a circle, one problem leads to another. Try to solve a problem that helps to cure your depression. It will also help you to live a healthy life.
41 Depression Life Quotes that will help you to cheer up.
- “Whenever I having good months and I think I’ve gotten over the worst on my depression, it silently returns. This isn’t a battle I asked to fight. I’m tired of knowing it’s always coming back.”
- “There is no point treating a depressed person as though she were just feeling sad, saying, ‘There now, hang on, you’ll get over it.’ Sadness is more or less like a head cold – with patience, it passes. Depression is like cancer.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
- “Mental illness is so much more complicated than any pill that any mortal could invent.
- “Depression, suffering and anger are all part of being human.” – Janet Fitch
- “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton, Mistral’s Kiss Quotes
- “I didn’t want my picture taken because I was going to cry. I didn’t know why I was going to cry, but I knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely the tears would fly out of my eyes and the sobs would fly out of my throat and I’d cry for a week. I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full.” ― Sylvia Plath
- “Depression presents itself as a realism regarding the rottenness of the world in general and the rottenness of your life in particular. But the realism is merely a mask for depression’s actual essence, which is an overwhelming estrangement from humanity. The more persuaded you are of your unique access to the rottenness, the more afraid you become of engaging with the world; and the less you engage with the world, the more perfidiously happy-faced the rest of humanity seems for continuing to engage with it.”- Jonathan Franzen Quotes
- “When people don’t know exactly what depression is, they can be judgmental.” – Marion Cotillard
- “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not, and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “I didn’t want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that’s sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you’re so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare.”
― Ned Vizzini Quotes
- “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”
― Laurell K. Hamilton
- “Whenever you read a cancer booklet or website or whatever, they always list depression among the side effects of cancer. But depression is not a side effect of cancer. Depression is a side effect of dying.”
― John Green Quotes
- “If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.
- It explained as follows,
Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.”
― Stephen Fry Quotes
- “That’s the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it’s impossible to ever see the end.”
― Elizabeth Wurtzel
- “I can’t eat and I can’t sleep. I’m not doing well in terms of being a functional human, you know?”
― Ned Vizzini
- “Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also harder to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say “My tooth is aching” than to say “My heart is broken.”
― S. Lewis Quotes
- “Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?”
― John Keats
- “When you’re surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you’re by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don’t feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you’re alone.”
― Fiona Apple Quotes
Depression is a state of mind which comes when you become tired because of the conflicts going in your mind regarding what you have done, you are doing, you want to do or you will do. Depression is something that comes from negative thinking along with negative thoughts. Itt is a state of mind when you are sad or crying and can’t move on from that because it goes on in your mind again and again.
- “Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression.”
― Dodie Smith
- “When you’re lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that you’ve just wandered off the path, that you’ll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and it’s time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you don’t even know from which direction the sun rises anymore.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- “That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful.”
― Elizabeth Wurtzel Quotes
- “I didn’t want my picture taken because I was going to cry. I didn’t know why I was going to cry, but I knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely the tears would fly out of my eyes and the sobs would fly out of my throat and I’d cry for a week. I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full.”
― Sylvia Plath
- “It’s not all bad. Heightened self-consciousness, apartness, an inability to join in, physical shame, and self-loathing—they are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels. Without them, I would never have disappeared into language, literature, the mind, laughter, and all the mad intensities that made and unmade me.”
― Stephen Fry
- “Depression on my left. Loneliness on my right. They don’t need to show me their badges. I know these guys very well.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Maybe we all have darkness inside of us and some of us are better at dealing with it than others.” ― Jasmine Warga, My Heart, and Other Black Holes
- “That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful.” ― Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
- “Every day is a second chance.” — Anonymous
- “You’re not a bad person for the ways you tried to kill your sadness.” — Anonymous
- “If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.” — Stephen Fry
- “If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with a heart of an angel.” — Keanu Reeves
- “I was born with a great awareness of my surroundings and other people … Sometimes that awareness is good, and sometimes I wish I wasn’t so sensitive.” — Scarlett Johansson
- “Being an actress hasn’t made me insecure. I was insecure long before I declared I was an actress.” — Amy Adams
- “A child’s mental health is just as important as their physical health and deserves the same quality of support. No one would feel embarrassed about seeking help for a child if they broke their arm.”
- “It is okay to have depression, it is okay to have anxiety and it is okay to have an adjustment disorder. We need to improve the conversation. We all have mental health in the same way we all have physical health.” — Prince Harry
- “You are the one thing in this world, above all other things, that you must never give up on. When I was in middle school, I was struggling with severe anxiety and depression, and the help and support I received from my family and a therapist saved my life. Asking for help is the first step. You are more precious to this world than you’ll ever know.” — Lili Reinhart Quotes
- “I went through a time where I was depressed. Like, I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down. It was a lot to do with, like, I had really bad skin, and I felt bullied because of that. But I never was depressed because of the way someone else made me feel, I just was depressed.” — Miley Cyrus
- “It’s my mission to share this with the world and to let them know that there is life on the other side of those dark times that seem so hopeless and helpless. I want to show the world that there is life — surprising, wonderful and unexpected life after diagnosis.” — demi Lovato
- “I disliked myself so intensely. It was just a mindset. I didn’t know how to love myself. I didn’t know how to love anybody.” — Anne Hathaway Quotes
- “I tend to get pretty depressed and I have some issues with anxiety and things like that … For me, it’s more psychological. Exercise is a means of expelling those demons.” — Ryan Reynolds
- “Depression doesn’t take away your talents—it just makes them harder to find.” — Lady Gaga
Life Due to depression
The causes of depression range from genetic causes to important life events but also it can cause a lot of stress. If some members of a person’s family are suffering from stress, it increases the chances of the person getting depression. If a person suddenly experiences losing a loved one or moving to a new area or having a relationship with a person, it breaks their heart, which can make the person depressed. Other possible causes may be a chronic illness or side effects from certain types of medication or infection.
If you feel that you or someone you love may be suffering from depression, take the necessary steps to get treatment. Do not ignore it especially when children see such symptoms. Untreated depression can pose a threat to human life.
The feeling of mental anxiety is completely normal for people. People get anxiety due to a lot of things. But you should not feel sad at any time of the day. People should keep their health feeling good. One should get to love their health every day. The feeling of having good health can make you stress-free every day. These quotes will help you fight against these things.
If you are considering suicide or self-harm, please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline (1-800-273-8255).