In daily life, the development of life skills has the purpose of developing the personality skills and approaches for positively being able to make use of their knowledge to pursue all the opportunities life offers for the benefit of the individual. During the service period, they must acquire skills in addition to professional skills for self-development and growth. Such skills which enable them to develop their personality are called Life Skills.
Normally, there is no emphasis in the curriculum to provide an opportunity for students to gain exceptional knowledge of such development of life skills. Due to Competition and globalization, there have been a lot of changes in the work culture of industries.
In addition to the service sector, manufacturing sectors expanding in geometric progression. It is found that some of the engineering graduates are seeking jobs in the field of management. The job profiles of engineering technicians indicate that in addition to technical knowledge they are required to possess soft skills to work efficiently in the organization.
Quotes About Skills
- “When I say develop your skills, I don’t mean related to every business area of that industry. This is not very realistic. I mean, the field of your expertise in that industry.” ― Pooja Agnihotri
- “Schooling doesn’t assure employment but skill does.” ― Amit Kalantri
- “The best yardstick for our progress is not other people, but ourselves. Am I better than I was yesterday? This is the only question worth asking. As long as you go to bed at night a better practitioner than the one who woke up that morning, you have succeeded. Your worth should have nothing to do with how your progress stacks up relative to another.” ― Chris Matakas
- “Life is like a tango; fortunate are the few who can master it.” ― J. Garces
- “A gap in skills and abilities reveal a golden opportunity!” ― Abhishek Ratna
- “Without sharpen your weapon; standing on the battlefield would not increase your chance of winning.” ― Ankit Sahay
- “Skills don’t die; only people do.” ― Anas Hamshari
- “Mastery lies on an infinite continuum, and as a result, we will never reach the end. We can, however, see to it that we are as far along that continuum as our circumstance allows.” ― Chris Matakas
- “Your calling should be a pointer for your skill development” ― Sunday Adelaja
- “The ability to make wise choices is the most valuable skill a person can develop.” ― Abhishek Ratna
- “Don’t seek to be relevant, just be CONSISTENT.” ― Olawale Daniel
- “Your skill can be either an asset or a liability.” ― Justin Ho
- “A good entrepreneur converts his skills to cash.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. – larry bird
- Resilience isn’t a single skill. It’s a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive. – jean chatzky