For me to embrace life is to understand how incredibly awesome it is. But to do that one would have to know what this life is truly about. The truth of life is magnificent as we are here for mind-blowing reasons. But it’s not the reason we hear about it in church or school and is why society is so crazed and off-balance. Embracing life is accepting what it is and moving on. Embracing life means diving into a world that acquires meaning only through active, conscious awareness and participation.
Let the world remain as a game of maze but you still stand with confidence, hope and show up every day with a smile, fighting the battle with inner demons to come out of the maze as a victorious warrior.
Embrace the uncertainties of life and have faith in your journey.
You were born to be real, not to be perfect. you are here to be you, not be what someone else wants you to be. stand up for yourself, look them in the eye, and say don’t judge me until you know me, don’t underestimate me until you have challenged me, and talk about me until you have talked to me.
What does it mean to embrace life?
- Smiling and laughing without reason (the best reason of all).
- Giving (“to give is my ultimate reception”). It is said that only two things will get flashbacks before anybody take the last breath, the number of love shares, the amount of knowledge you gained.
- Accepting people and situations as they are and then taking necessary, rational, and intelligent decisions.
- Living in the present moment.
- Making new friends every day
- Continuous learning, reading, listening to others.
- Making melodies out of nothing and everything
If you enjoy both miseries and happy situations, you are in a continuous state of enjoyment. You think that continuous enjoyment comes only through continuous times of happiness in life. It is not correct. You get bored if you are served only with sweet dishes in the meals. Boring is misery. Happiness should lie in the process of enjoyment. Whether it is misery or happiness, you will find real happiness in the process of enjoyment of both.
The happiness neither lies in the sweet dish nor the hot dish. The happiness lies in the process of eating the dish, which may be hot or sweet. If this secret of life is known, you will never pray to God for the removal of problems and tensions. You will enjoy the problems and tensions and hence, there is nothing to pray to God for something. Your prayer to God must be due to your attraction to Him for His excellent personality. Your praise of God must be based on your love for his divine personality.
Here’s how you can embrace life
- Change the syntax: The language you use creates the meaning around any event. When an unexpected difficult situation comes up, most people call it a problem. This is a negative view of life. Strong-minded people call unexpected difficulties opportunities because in every challenge lies an opportunity to raise your game and find a creative solution.
- Create a support system: We find out who our real friends are in tough times. Cultivate meaningful relationships with like-minded people who trust you and vice versa, because when a ship faces a storm, you need all hands on deck ready to do what is necessary to make it through.
- Being proactive helps: This is related to the last point, look for ways to help people in their time of need. Sometimes just being there provides comfort for someone going through challenging times. If you become someone people can depend on they will in turn come to your aid when you require it.
- Mindset: In any tough situation, the man/woman who survives is the one with mental fortitude. A quick story about Viktor Frankl, who was a holocaust survivor. He survived the atrocities that surrounded him by believing that no one can imprison his mind. He chose to assert his mental freedom and even the toughened SS guards who were jaded by decay and death were inspired by his inner strength.
I will share with you a couple of quotes that I repeat to myself in difficult situations.
How you can embrace life positively?
- Stop driving yourself crazy being in two minds about things.
- Life won’t stop for your pauses & procrastinations. Whether you play the game positively or not, the show will go on.
- When things aren’t adding up in your life start subtracting. Declutter your possessions.
- Before you can win, you’ve to believe you’re worthy. You’re destined to make it big one day.
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. Firm up gentleman.
- The only disability in life is a bad attitude, get rid of it.
- Make a rule to entertain a negative thought for only less than 30 seconds. Learn to use your mind, don’t let it use you.
- Remember you’re never as awkward as you think you’re.
- Remember you’re never as annoying as you think you’re.
- Don’t forget you’re way more wanted than you give yourself credit for. Everything is going to be perfect.
- Just relax and chill.
In the nutshell, you understand that life does not work your way. Somewhere down the path, few instances make you realize this. That is how life can be embraced. People come and go, but the self stays the same in form even if changes in the interior. Because of this, being alone is inevitable, because the self can only be ridden of by death, but others can go away because of more than one reason.